Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Water-based Air Purification

http://www.thermaxaf.com/af2_features.php

The above link has a video that gives an idea of the technology I plan to use in the purification of the air to be used in my mask. In the video, the company, Thermax,uses the power of water not only to clean the air, but they also utilize it in carpet cleaning as well, which is their main product. Just to end my curiosity, I called Thermax to see how this really worked, and it is actually pretty simple. Water is a natural purifier, and can take out as much as 97% of dust, virus strand, bacteria, etc. All the air has to do is travel through the water. It made me wonder why no one had really caught on to this idea before. I guess the only thing I ever thought of when it came to water purification was the purification of the water itself and not the use of water to actually purify something else.

So I plan to incorporate this idea into my design to protect against inhalation Anthrax. By the use of a mechanical type pump to run the air through a system, the air being breathed in should be almost completely free of all harmful bacteria, virus', etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment