Monday, January 25, 2010

Project 1: Quarantine and The Body




My focus on this project will be to develop an instrument designed to prevent the Anthrax bacteria from entering the mouth/nasal cavity through inhalation. My narrative is focused on protecting employees of the postal system, because of the spread of Anthrax though the mail in 2001. One of my goals is to avoid the typical white mask covering half the face, but rather develop a device that filters while providing some other type of service to the user. By incorporating another service into the device, I am hoping this will allow the user to be more accepting to wearing the filter, because who really wants to wear an ugly mask over their face in public? I am currently researching different materials that can be used to stop the bacteria, but also in the making of the device itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment